Friday, January 19, 2007

Favortite Family Vacation

Riding the tram after an all-day Disney Day.
Above, Jen, Steve, & Stevie
Below - Becky
Evening walk on the beach - my favorite part.
Stevie, Becky, & Jen

Getting ready for their 1st airplane trip.
Stevie, Steve, Jen, & Becky
The "water spurts"

Steve said something about Disney World the other day and Becky & Nate just returned from their trip - made me think of my favorite family vacation. 1987 - Our 1st trip to Disney World. It was a lot of 1st's for the kids. 1st time on a real "tourist" type trip, 1st airplane ride, and 1st time to a beach. We did the whole thing - stayed at Disney World and saw all there was to see, saw Sea World, Busch Gardens, and of course, went to the beach. I think it was my favorite because I was young enough then that the kids wore out before me and the kids were young enough that Steve & I still made all the decisions about what we were doing. Of course the kids got crabby sometimes and tears were shed now and then - but mostly they were just amazed and excited at all there was to see and I just loved watching their faces. I hate to tell you how many times we went through "It's A Small World" - but one of their favorite things to do was try to catch the "water spurts". One thing they were not fond of was stopping for the "memory moment" picture - as these pictures sometimes show - but my heart remembers the laughs and fun we had.

4 comments:

Jenny Reijgers said...

that's so funny that you would post about this, Karl and i were just talking about taking a trip to Disney World with Spencer and baby Reijgers in about a year. i remember how much fun we always had there and how much we loved the "it's a small world" ride.

Becky said...

AWWW! I have never seen those pictures! I was just telling Nate over our vacation how much we loved Disney World as kids, so that is so funny that you posted this. That was a fabulous vacation! I still remember it and get happy just thinking about Disney World! :)

Anonymous said...

I believe the "Small World" doesn't exist anymore, but not sure. I do remember we all had pizza together and it was a good time. Bill

lilabet said...

Bill - I remember the pizza as well and the kids remember Scott & Susan entertaining them while we visited. Seems like yesterday - ann