Monday, December 04, 2006

Powered Up Again

This is a picture of a long ago ice storm - 1979. Anyone who has seen my concrete backyard might be surprised to know that this was once my backyard. I was happy to lose the 'gazing' ball and birdbath but I was sad to lose the river birch tree the next summer to some insect that killed a number of those trees in St. Louis that year. I didn't take any pictures of this ice storm - I was just too cold. We finally got our power back on last night and Jenny now has the house up to about 80* - just kidding. We owe Nancy & Paul a big thank you for letting Steve & I sleep at their nice warm house and Millie kept Jen, Karl, Spencer, & Oscar. It was an 'interesting' weekend but not one we would like to repeat if possible. The Reijgers power came back today but they are still stuck here until the contractors get done - they are hoping to be back home by next week.
November kinda snuck by and December is already going quickly. Happy Belated Birthday to nephew Todd and sister-in-law Denise - and wishing Sandi (sister-in-law) and Sherri (niece) a Happy Birthday coming up this month. Hope everyone is warm and in the holiday spirit!

No comments: