Friday, December 19, 2008

They Call the Wind Mariah - and other random thoughts

Before I even got out of bed this morning I made myself promise to get on the treadmill today - my back and leg pain have been keeping me from it but I know I really needed to walk.  However, as I sat sipping my coffee and watching out the window - the wind kept calling my name.  I love walking out in the wind as long as it's not a sharp cold wind, so I wrapped up and enjoyed a lovely walk  - I really didn't even want to come back in.  Now I feel so much better - like some of the cobwebs have blown out of my head.
Just finished reading "The Hour I First Believed".   I can't decide what I really think of it.  It could easily have been about 4 novels because he covers so many subjects but it was basically about the effect Columbine had on it's surviving victims.
Last night we went to the Rep with Ed & Nancy and enjoyed a short (75 minutes) but very lively play - "It's A Wonderful Life".  It's a one man act and we weren't sure what to expect but it was delightful and we all gave it a thumbs up.  The actor throws in a lot of 'common sense' notes about the original play - like "why would a bank official come to check the books on Christmas Eve?"  I think it's showing until the 28th so if you have time you should go see it.
The play made me think about other Christmas movies that we all watch over and over again.  I still love watching the old "Christmas Carol" but I like the newer Scrooged too.  (I love it when the spirit of Christmas Present hits Bill Murray with a toaster).  I know my kids like Christmas Vacation, Elf, and The Christmas Story - but I can't stand watching the part where the kid gets his tongue stuck to the pole - ouch!
Actually some of my favorite not really Christmas movies are "While You Were Sleeping" and "Sleepless in Seattle".   Maybe you can remind me of some movies I need to watch this week - what movies are a must for you to watch during the Christmas holidays?  It's less than a week away - hope everyone is almost ready  - I need to get cleaning up around here - Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: