Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Are We Being 'Schnucked'?

Ok - I just want to know - what's the deal?  I know that I don't keep up with current events, politics and stuff like that - but am I only going to be able to get 'Schnucks' brand stuff at Schnucks soon?  I have noticed the increased amount of items that look like the brand I'm use to but are really Schnucks - (they thought they could fool me - ha) but now  they don't even offer me the other brand at all.  I'm sure a lot of this stuff is the same with just a different name - but I can tell by looking at those cookies that they are not going to taste as good - so I didn't buy any.  And my garbage bags are ok but they are not as thick as my old brand.  And I admit - once - just once - they did fool me and the Schnucks brand cheese just didn't make the grade with me.  Maybe I'll switch over to Shop and Save or make the trip all the way to Dierberg's - are they doing the same thing?  Oh - and I almost forgot the real kicker - once they eliminate the 'other' brand - the Schnuck price is the same as I was paying if not more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's interesting, b/c I prefer the Schnuck's brand or Shop-n-Save brand to the "real brands" in some things. I can tell no difference other than price in their Cream cheese, green beans and corn. And their prices are diff depending on where we live. Walmart is like that too, the prices in kirkwood are different than Mehlville and not necessarily cheaper either! Very Strange in deed! OH-but don't touch the generic Pop-Tarts, there in no substitution for those! :)