Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Page Turners

 The last few weeks my free time has been filled with some books that have been real "page turners".   A lot of people would not enjoy these type novels but they were 'escape' type novels for me that I not only enjoyed but found hard to put down.  They may even be older books - 2 of them have been sitting on  my "to be read" shelf for a while.  
Timeline is by Michael Crichton and is about quantom time travel back to the middle ages.  Really enjoyed the bad guy's ending!
The Hades Factor by Robert Ludlum & Gayle Lynds is an international thriller about a deadly virus.
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay is our book club book and although horribly sad because it was based on a real incident - (the roundup of Jewish families in Paris in 1942) - it was well written where you wanted to keep reading.  The ending was a little weak but most of the book was good.
I couldn't help thinking how all three of these books could easily be turned into a  good movie.  But read them first because you know what they say "Don't judge a book by it's movie."  If anyone wants to borrow them, let me know.
I guess I better start looking for my next book to read - so many books and so little time!

No comments: