Friday, November 27, 2009

2009 Thanksgiving

I've learned that you never know what's going to happen
this time next year - or in the years following.
When Steve and I first got married I volunteered to
take over Thanksgiving for my sister
(she did Christmas)
and since we invited all my side of the family and
all of Steve's side of the family - plus
friends and their families-
we always had anywhere from 30 and up to 50 guests.
This year we had 8
and that's counting Hadley.

Only one table to set.



I think we all had a good time.
Plenty of food and time to play and relax.
I know Spencer & Coen had fun with Popo's new toys
& Jen & Karl enjoyed Popo entertaining the boys for awhile.
Even though I enjoy 'traditions' - I'm not afraid of change
and I know it's just part of life and growing up.
OK -actually I know I'm too old to host one of
those huge feasts anymore so a little change is good!
But of course - I'm always hoping all my kids
will join us one of these times - maybe Christmas?

3 comments:

Jenny Reijgers said...

well at least you have one good child :)

Becky said...

We'll be there for Christmas! We missed you too!

lilabet said...

Ha - you're so silly Jen. I'm very glad you guys were able to be here but all my children are good. I wasn't complaining - I know everyone can't be everywhere. I was just saying how different it all is from times past. I'm looking forward to Christmas. love you all!