Friday, August 04, 2006

Super Sleuth



Tonight is our anniversary and we were just going to go see a good movie and out to eat. However, there are not any movies out that I cared anything about seeing. So my next idea was just to go out to a nice dinner to someplace we haven't been before. I've always wanted to go to the Lemp Mansion and so Steve was going to call to make reservations - I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Turns out we were at one of those "murder mystery audience participation dinners". Somehow I got lucky and didn't get picked on (which would have been really bad because my bio said I loved to sing) but Steve had to perform- but I think he liked it. I was Helen Rump and he was Roswell somebody. Out of all of us who guessed the right perpetrator - Steve got the trophy - hurrah!!

It was an interesting evening. The 2 actors were fun - of course it was all corny but we had a good time. The food wasn't bad - but not excellent either. An appetizer plate had an ok selection. (One strawberry, one melon bite, one chicken strip, one cabbage roll, one tostito, and 2 cubes of cheese.) The salads had that Mayfair dressing with the anchovies - yuck! But the chicken was good with cheesey potatoes, a glass of wine, one roll and one pat of butter -and they gave you a generous slice of cheesecake for dessert. The other entree choices were prime rib or tilapia.

The house itself is pretty interesting - it's suppose to be haunted but we didn't see any ghosts - we did see a wedding party though (I wouldn't recommend a reception there - you're in about 6 different rooms)
A very different type of anniversary dinner for me but it was fun and now I can say I've been to Lemp Mansion. Maybe I'll go back for lunch someday - without the mystery theater.

1 comment:

Becky said...

HA! That is great! Glad you had fun!