Saturday, September 30, 2006

October




I love fall - especially October when there are chilly nights and the colors all start appearing in the foliage. I have tried for years to capture those colors but have finally decided it's not within my skills - and a picture is never as great as seeing it for real when the breeze is rustling the leaves and you can just smell that 'autumn' smell. Steve and I took a long walk in Whitecliff Park this morning and the leaves haven't changed much yet but it's obvious that autumn is in the air! Although Steve hates them (he is the 'yard' man) I even love all the leaves on the ground. He insists they have to be raked up at once but if it were up to me I'd just leave them for awhile - I think it makes the yard look warm and welcoming. I guess I'm just like a kid cause I still love to walk through them and hear them crunch - I wish it was still legal to burn them - that was a fragrence you never forget. Even if you can't find time for a stroll or just a drive - use the time on your way to work or errands to enjoy the scenery. It's lovely this time of year.
ps - Happy Belated Birthday Kelsey Taylor and Happy Birthday coming up to James Stone, Greg Haupt, and Shawn Stone.

No comments: