Saturday, September 30, 2006

Pumpkin Patch




We haven't bought a REAL pumpkin in years - not since Stevie went off to college I guess. Although Steve & I didn't go all the way to the Pumpkin Patch - we decided to go up to the Farmer's Market this afternoon and pick up a few pumpkins for the yard. I won't bother trying to carve one for Halloween (my big fake one is perfect for me) - but buying the pumkins reminded me of all the years we took the kids out to the Pumpkin Patch and let them each pick out a pumpkin to carve. Of course the payoff was that they had to let me take dozens of pictures of them with their pumkins or playing on the old time fort & tepee that was set up there. Even though they would complain about all the posing I think they had fun. I think the one below has been our all time favorite:


Now it's neat to just sit back and look at the pictures that Jen & Karl take of Spencer at the Pumpkin Patch - I'm glad the tradition lives on! Happy Pumpkin Picking guys!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ha! Those are really funny... we did always love the pumpkin patch by the way. When I took my pre-schoolers a few years ago, it brought back many wonderful memories!