Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day & Other Random Thoughts




Ducks: 
The last few days we've seen these four ducks wandering around our neighborhood.  I know it's not as exciting as a deer or maybe an elephant - but it was fun watching them waddle from yard to yard.  Jen said she saw some ducks over by her new house also - wonder if they were the same ones??  I tried to get a picture of them but every time I'd take a step closer they'd be on the move again.

Computers:
My computer quit on me a few weeks ago and so I was without internet - but I learned life still goes on - of course it helps if you have children who let you log in on theirs now and then.

Mother's Day:
Mama has been gone for 18 years now - doesn't seem possible.  Although I find Mother's Day to be a Hallmark money making event - it is a good time to recognize mothers.  My mom was a wonderful mom and I wish I had spent more time listening to her and sharing my children with her.  Happy Mother's Day Mama.
And even though my favorite sister never tried to "mother" me - she has been an excellent example for me in raising 2 girls & a boy - and she always has the answers I need if I ask - Happy Mother's Day Nancy
And of course - the mothers of my grandchildren:
You girls are doing an outstanding job of loving & caring for my grandchildren - I'm proud of all of you.  I know there will always be tough days (even when they are adults with their own families) and as the quote says in my sidebar -"You're only as happy as your unhappiest kid." - but it's all worth it and the happy days make it all worthwhile.
love you - Happy Mother's Day Jenny, Becky & Jessie!!!

3 comments:

Bradford L. Stevens said...

It is neat to watch the way your legacy of faith handed down by your mother continues with you and your family! You are a blessed woman and a great friend to many! Enjoy your day!

Becky said...

Happy Mother's Day mama!!! You are the BEST!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Mothers Day Aunt Ann! On a side note, in case you are wondering or you might already know, those are 3 male ducks and 1 female! Typical, it takes only one mom and 3 dads to run a house!