Tuesday, January 10, 2006

YOU are my favorite!!

In spite of what happened to Joseph because he was Jacob’s favorite – we all seem to want to be THE FAVORITE. I even saw a bumper sticker a few weeks ago that said “God loves you, but I’m His favorite”. And although I’m not a real Roseanne fan I did catch one episode where she is telling her girls goodnight. The beds are about three feet apart and Roseanne goes to each bed and says something like, “Goodnight ____, you know YOU are my favorite.” I love it. In our family there has been the running joke (as I’m sure there are in many families) as to who is my favorite child. Every time I hear one of them say it or I get a note or card signed “from your favorite” I smile inside and out. I’m sure all three of my children are sure they are my favorite – and each one of them is absolutely right!! There is no way I could ever choose one over the other. They are so different in so many ways and each difference is such a delight to my life. The doctors said Steve & I would never have our own natural children but God heard our prayers and had different plans – and He blessed us three times and each one is my favorite. So kids – keep signing “from your favorite” because you’ll always be right. However, in my own family – we all know who was the favorite – don’t we little brother!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Now that's a goofy smile if I ever saw one, Uncle Jimmy! And mom, you don't have to be so nice to the other two... You and I both know what you mean about "the favorite one"! wink! wink! hehe

Jenny Reijgers said...

Becky, They were getting ready to adopt before they had me. I am a miracle child. Of course i'm the favorite.

Anonymous said...

You all see who is the best looking of course. It's the cute guy with the goofy smile.