Monday, March 13, 2006

Happy Birthday to ME


I'm not sure it's such a good idea to blog about my birthday - but then again, why not?
I was born on March 14, 1951 - that was a loooong time ago! Mama always told me that there was a terrible ice storm the night they went to the hospital to deliver me - so when people start saying that spring is here - I always figure we have to get past March 14 to be sure. I don't really remember birthdays being that big a deal except mama would make your choice for dinner and dessert - mine was always banana pudding! There were very few kids that had parties back then so it was mostly just a simple family thing. At least until I got older and did a little celebrating sometimes with friends. This picture is from my 16th birthday - my first surprise party. We all know about my other surprise party (# 40) - and that everyone thinks I was angry. Although that is not really true - the whole truth is too complicated to explain - so think whatever you wish but I do wish I could quit hearing about it. My 16th birthday was lots of fun though and a real surprise. Cathy Lewis (now Cathy Topp) threw the party for me and I still have the charm bracelet I received from one of my friends.
Now I celebrate my birthday with my hubby & kids. This year Nate & I celebrated ours together - and we went out to dinner and had dessert (Becky's yum yum banana pudding!) The kids that don't leave town (Jen, Karl, Stevie, & Jessie) on my birthday (just teasing Becky & Nate) - decided I should have something on my actual birthday so we are doing dinner again - plus Miss Sue is going out to breakfast with me - sounds like a great birthday to me. Hope everyone else has a great day too!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOURE MY FAVORITE!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I ALREADY POSTED THIS ON JENNY'S THING TOO, BUT OH WELL. HAVE A GOOD DAY ALL DAY!! I LOVE YOU!!!