Monday, April 14, 2008

The Beach

This was the view out our 'den' window at Daytona Beach.   The place was clean and we enjoyed the beach but - and maybe it's just Daytona - there was so much constant noise even at 2 and 4 AM that I have no desire to ever return to that particular part of Florida.  I guess it could have been 'spring breakers' still but the woman yelling at either her kid or husband at 4 AM was just rude!  
Anyway, it wasn't exactly the quiet serene beach I had hoped for but we made the best of it - by the 3rd day we were more than ready to pack up and head for home.
As I said, the beach was very nice - a great walking beach - which Sue used a lot, both Brad & I took some walks with Sue - but Steve never stepped foot on.  He didn't know what he was missing.  Of course, he and Brad had done a lot of walking on the golf courses every day.
I always enjoy a beach sunrise or sunset (I prefer sunsets for sleep's sake - but that's on the Gulf side).  The guys (headed off to golf) told me I missed a spectacular one the day before so I made Steve wake me up for this one.  It wasn't as good but since we were leaving the next day before the sunrise it was the best I could catch.
All in all it was a great time and another good thing - I managed to come home without a sunburn!!!  Yeah!!  Ok - so my scalp is a little tender - but it gets hot with that hat on.
Well, I hear my washing machine beeping for me and the cupboard is bare so I need to head to Schnucks - I guess my vacations is over.

No comments: