Monday, April 14, 2008

Disney - without kids


Steve, Brad, Sue, & I had decided to take a little trip to Disney without kids just to experience a few of the things they had always found 'boring'.


  The funny thing was that I still had kids on my mind - but it was grandkids this time.  As you can see from the above picture - we had to get a pic of us with Mater for Spencer.  I found myself making mental notes on what the kids would enjoy and what they would find a little too frightening, etc.  


But we did enjoy our adult times. Above is a pic from the German restaurant where we had our first dinner.  The food was very good and as you can see, it included some lively entertainment.  The other dinners we had on Disney property were ok but they didn't come close to the quality of this one.   We learned later that to get in at the good restaurants you had to make a reservation about 6 months ahead of time so I guess we were lucky to get this one.
As I said this was our first day there and about 1 hour after we checked in(around 1:00 pm) it began raining - not just a drizzle - it poured for the rest of the day.  We didn't let the rain slow us down - in fact, it made it a little easier to get on some of the rides at Epcot.  The best part was that we had to buy umbrellas and Steve's had a bonus we didn't expect - Mouse ears.  If it hadn't been raining so hard I would have taken a pic but trust me - it was a hit with everyone who saw him.  We did see a few others but not as many as you'd expect.
The rest of our time at Disney had great weather and was fun.  We stayed at the Port Orleans - French Quarter and it was very nice.  It had a nice River walk that we (especially Sue) enjoyed.  We visited Epcot about 3 times, MGM (this is not what they call it now but I forget the right name) a couple of times, and even the Magic Kingdom once - the best place to find souvenirs for the grandkids.  We didn't make it to the Animal Kingdom but it looked interesting - I bet Spencer will love it when he gets a little older and goes.  
We also took one 'off the grounds' trip to have dinner with Bill & Lorraine (my cousin) and enjoyed some yummy barbeque and a very nice visit.  Thanks guys for dinner and for taking the time for us.  I wish I had thought to get a picture. 
But by the 4th day we were all quite tired (even without kids) and ready to move on to a slower pace.




3 comments:

Jenny Reijgers said...

Spencer will love that picture of Mater and a preview for that Animal Kingdom place comes on at the end of one of his videos-he's been talking about going there for the last 2 years. We're already planning that trip in the next year or two. Glad you had fun WITHOUT US!

Becky said...

Cute pics mom!! Glad you had a great trip! We missed you!

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!