Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dreams, Beans, & Other Things that I don't know what they mean

Steve & I went out to eat last night and then to see The Producers at the Muny.  As I looked around the restaurant I noticed that out of the 10 occupied tables - 7 of them were really old couples - I'm talking upper 80's here.  For some reason this really bothers me - am I being gently shuffled into an old folks home without my knowledge.  Steve says it's the economy - young families can't afford to go out to eat as often anymore.  But I don't know - it seemed kinda 'twilight zoney' to me.  As for The Producers - it was a beautiful night to be outside but I wish they would have quit making so much noise on the stage - or in other words:  it was bearable but nothing I would recommend.
Dreams have always intrigued me.  My mama use to have some of the craziest dreams ever and I've known several to dream of events that actually happened later.  I saw my niece Meredith in my dreams before I knew she was born - looked just like her.  My dad had a second middle name (which he always denied but it was on his birth certificate) because his mother dreamed a great aunt visited her in a dream and reminded her this baby was to bear her name - so Alason was added to his James David.   I know everyone dreams and we all have those weird 'what did I eat before I went to bed?' dreams - but lately I'm dreaming in snippets.    The first night it was like I was dreaming in snippet flashes - I kept waking up in between the dreams (at least I think I was really waking up) but I was very aware the dreams were all the same sort but just quick flashes that really had no connection.  Last night the dreams were like I was watching movie previews or commercials - I never got to see the 'feature presentation'.  Any dream experts out there to tell me what this might mean - maybe I just need to go live in the woods for awhile away from technology.
And just in case you're wondering - I have nothing to say about 'beans' - it just made my title flow better.  :)
Have a great day and sweet dreams!

3 comments:

Ed. Tritschler said...

It must run in the family as your sister is a dreamer.sometimes her dreams come true.I always hope she doesn't dream to trade me in.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.... Very intersting about Meredith. Any about the Tritschler family? Just curious!
I dream alot too, mostly weird but sometimes romantic. Funny, Edward is never in those (ha ha)!
Do you think your dreams are in color or black & white? The "experts" say that you only dream in B&W, but I swear mine are in color! Must be the active imagination I have. I always told I live in a fantasy world! Must be where Kayleigh gets it!
Let me know if you get any "advice"

Ed. Tritschler said...

Yes I do have strange dreams. Last night I dreamed Aunt Bobbie died. Didn't she die about 20 years ago. I was a little late with that one. Also I have heard that women dream in color and men in black and white.
Nancy T